The superfluous incidentiality of the extraneously impertinent.

Woke up with a bang and a bug on your face, Crawled in your mouth and gave you a taste of the good life you left behind,well I think you're gonna be fine. Somebody loves you, and you're gonna make it through.

joi, mai 20, 2004

So here it is. I realized people might actually be reading this thing, and i got all uptight. I have been trying to be all meaningful and smart and stuff. Forget that, heres me, most likely it doesnt make sense, but at least its sincere.
This is me writing way too late again. I got greener-on-the-other-sideritis, wishing for some ethnicity. Sometimes i feel so generic and jealous of people with cool histories and cultures. But no, i guess its easy to forget what makes you you. I am proud of what i am, my family, my ancestors. Guns, fourwheelers, overalls, fishing poles, john boats, cornfields, rivers, chainsaws, hills, tillers, tractors, haybails, ponds, cabins. Even though they define a relatively small portion of my life, they are the things i cherish.
The people i love. Of course my family first. Then the friends i chose. Travis, American. Sage, Ho-Chunk. Paulo, Brazilian. Jinnee, Korean. Will, Guatamalan. Betsy, German. Jaimy and Ricky, Mexicans. Dean, American. Shingo and Yuki Japanese. Jader, Leandro, Thiago, Ricardo, Rodrigo, Fofao, Fabio, and Douglass, Brazilians. Sugar, Puerto Rican. Zack, American.
im kind of starting to feel like the subject of a sensory deprivation expiriment. except im being deprived of culture, music, art, cinema. I miss the individualists. Im missing all kinds of stuff i didnt even know i liked. Now im missing SciFi stuff. I saw the previews for The Chronicles of Riddick and now im itching for science fiction. But i'll survive.
I went over and sat with the kids in Genesis for two hours today. That was very cool. I have learned enough spanish now to be able to redirect their energy and excitement to more constructive activities than tearing me apart. I ended up folding like fifteen little boats. Daniela is getting a little posessive, she was not cool with me interacting with the other kids. Which is really sweet, but i hate playing favorites.
So were going on a camping trip tomorrow until monday. I feel really unprepared having only had one day to prepare. Im not too sure anyone else is prepared either. But hey, we may just end up really really roughing it. It wouldnt be so bad if it was just on or two days, but three is kinda pushing it. Especially without the appropriate accoutrements. Oh well, we'll give it a shot.